As you may have guessed, I like to start my next project immediately after I finish the previous one. After I made Marilyn, my grandfather was so impressed he asked if I would do him a gorilla. My grandfather is blind, so I wanted to find a pattern that had a fair bit of detail so… Continue reading A few quick finishes
After I finished Marilyn, I was browsing around Ravelry for inspiration and found an amazing dragon! (Pattern here). I knew I wanted to do it immediately and decided to use the lovely green Women’s Institute yarn I bought with my Christmas Hobbycraft Voucher. I started by making two really tiny rounds and attaching them together to make a… Continue reading A rather ambitious project
Well, an elephant to use its official title! Firstly, I must apologise. I did an absolutely terrible job of photographing this project as I was doing it. Truth be told, I do the majority of my crocheting in the evening, so I never have any natural light in which to take photos, so again I… Continue reading It’s a Heffalump!
Whenever I near the end of a project, my mind starts thinking about what I’m going to do next. As seems to be a recurring theme, I saw a picture on facebook of an old friend and his baby daughter whose nickname is ‘bearcub’. This inspired me to make her a bear of her very… Continue reading My own build a bear workshop
Yet another hobbycraft purchase! At £8 it really is a bargain. (I was lucky enough to get it in the Black Friday deals for £6.40!). Included in the box is an assortment of coloured yarns, 2 buttons (for the eyes), toy stuffing, a 3mm crochet hook, tapestry needle, a ‘how to crochet’ instruction booklet and full… Continue reading Owl really enjoy doing this project…. (badoom tsh!)
After completing the giraffe a week or so ago, I was left with a ball of brown yarn. I wondered what I could do with it and thought I’d try my hand at crocheting a little robin redbreast. I put my trust in Google to find me a simple pattern and it gave me an easy looking pattern… Continue reading A Cheeky Robin Redbreast
It’s done! The trickiest part of all was sewing all the pieces together. As you can see from the image, the arms and legs are not at all the same as each other! I found that working in the round with such a small amount of stitches (12 for the arms and 14 for the… Continue reading The finished article