The trickiest part of all was sewing all the pieces together.
As you can see from the image, the arms and legs are not at all the same as each other! I found that working in the round with such a small amount of stitches (12 for the arms and 14 for the legs) was quite tricky for a first timer like me! It got to the point where I just wanted them done, so didn’t care too much about making them even!
I sewed all the pieces together with the straggly pieces of yarn you can see in the picture. In hindsight I probably should have done it with some thick cotton as I found it was quite hard to navigate the tapestry needle through the stitched piece and secure the individual pieces with complete confidence that they’d never fall apart!
So here it is, the finished piece in all it’s glory
I don’t mind telling you that I am really quite pleased with myself. It is by no means perfect (I mean, look at those oddly sewn on ears!) but I absolutely love it. I almost told its recipient that it was too hard for me. so I could keep it for myself!